Food + Drink + Life + Health

Peeking.

Three loaves of Lena’s pumpkin cranberry bread are cooling in the kitchen (I already snuck a little piece; it’s amazing). The house smells like winter.

What a busy, short weekend it has been.

Snow is coming tonight!! I’m going to bed early and resting myself for a short short workweek…

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

10 Comments

• Reply minhus November 18, 2007 at 10:58 pm

Oh I do so love the Moomin.

I have Moomin mugs, glass cards, even a clock. Now I’m jonesing for an actual Moomin.

• Reply Belinda November 18, 2007 at 11:44 pm

moomins & nearly snow. how perfect!.

• Reply lena November 19, 2007 at 9:58 am

i’m so glad you tired it! i just had a slice myself a minute ago…

we got a few flurries here this morning, but now it’s in the upper 30s…

• Reply lena November 19, 2007 at 9:58 am

oops, “tried”

• Reply dayataglanceblogspot.com November 19, 2007 at 12:47 pm

you are killing me with Moomin. that is a great picture! with all of your Moomin and Moominesque photos I dug around and found my copy of the Finn Family Moomintroll just to satisfy my need for Moomin. happy short week!

• Reply Anna at D16 November 19, 2007 at 12:50 pm

It’s an annual tradition for me to read Moominland Midwinter beginning on the day of the first real snowfall (when there is actual white on the ground — today doesn’t count) each year. So perfectly wintery-magical!

• Reply lesley November 19, 2007 at 5:52 pm

gotta love a moomin

• Reply brianne May 13, 2008 at 4:21 pm

where do you find all your perfect vintage moomin figurines? i have a best friend who would just love if i could find her one!

• Reply Anna at D16 May 14, 2008 at 8:08 am

Brianne, this is just a tiny (1″) wooden charm — it’s new, not vintage. My friend gave it to me, but I think she bought it at a small toy store here in NYC. The other Moomin dolls I posted (the ones made from leather and felt) are my mother’s. She bought them in Sweden in the late ’60s.

• Reply gracie o October 18, 2008 at 1:33 pm

i love love love your blog. beautiful home, life, everything. i’m adding you to my blogroll. thanks for sharing!

xo