I Want This + Vanity + Wearables

Wishlist: Clutches.

To be totally honest, I never use the word “clutch” to describe “a slim, flat handbag without handles or a strap.” To me, “clutch” is what a baby sloth does to a stuffed giraffe. Or it’s a part of a car that does something (I have no idea what). Those little flat bags that you can carry under your arm? I just call them pouches. I also don’t usually carry them under my arm, I tend to cram them full of little things that would otherwise get lost in a bigger bag—then I put the pouch inside the bigger bag, and when someone asks who has a Band-Aid or a Magic Eraser or disposable wipes, guess who pulls out one of a dozen pouches in her bag and comes to the rescue? Yep—this girl.

So since no amount of pouches/clutches/zippered bags/wristlets (I’ve never said the word “wristlet” out loud) is ever enough, here’s my current wishlist!

doorsixteen_clutches_1

6. Lee Coren / Confetti Print Black Clutch
7. Kertis / Modern Art Clutch

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

6 Comments

• Reply Dianne June 29, 2015 at 4:04 pm

This is utterly, disgustingly SHAMELESS of me – but I’m gonna do it anyway.

I really feel like you would dig the clutch bags I make!!! They have dead things on them.

(I mean, I like them, and also all of the ones above, bury me under this pile of pouch perfection please)

• Reply katrina June 29, 2015 at 4:49 pm

omg. i love the pink one by kertis… and #7, too. so cute. what do you think of the clutches by baggu? i have one and it’s awesome. i use it daily, especially when i don’t need to lug my camera around. also, the leather is so soft and surprisingly, for its size, it can fit so much (12.25 x 7.75).

• Reply Anna @ D16 June 29, 2015 at 4:58 pm

OH YEAH!! I should’ve included a Baggu clutch, I love them!! I have a bright green one that I use for all of my charging cables/batteries when I’m traveling. (It looks like bright green is discontinued?!)

I see they have nylon pouches now, too. Cute!!

• Reply katrina July 7, 2015 at 6:52 pm

girl, the bright green ones are long gone — i saw them on sale when i got my black one. i was really tempted to get both, but you know…

yeah, the nylon pouches are super cute. i wish it also came in black or blue/pink static.

• Reply Martina June 30, 2015 at 7:40 am

I love me a good clutch 🙂 I like Coriumi a lot and recently came across the simple genuine leather bags, clutches (and pouches) by Leah Lerner – I think you might like them too!

The Monarch Butterfly Clutch above is absolutely dreamy, but how many clutches are too many to have? Hm 🙂

• Reply charlotte July 4, 2015 at 5:58 pm

haha, Im totally the same! Only ever use a pouch inside anoher giant bag! Wish I could be the kind of girl who could fit everything she needs inside a fancy clutch, this is a great collection!