To be totally honest, I never use the word “clutch” to describe “a slim, flat handbag without handles or a strap.” To me, “clutch” is what a baby sloth does to a stuffed giraffe. Or it’s a part of a car that does something (I have no idea what). Those little flat bags that you can carry under your arm? I just call them pouches. I also don’t usually carry them under my arm, I tend to cram them full of little things that would otherwise get lost in a bigger bag—then I put the pouch inside the bigger bag, and when someone asks who has a Band-Aid or a Magic Eraser or disposable wipes, guess who pulls out one of a dozen pouches in her bag and comes to the rescue? Yep—this girl.
So since no amount of pouches/clutches/zippered bags/wristlets (I’ve never said the word “wristlet” out loud) is ever enough, here’s my current wishlist!
1. Jen Hewett / Simple Patchwork Foldover Clutch
2. Hansel From Basel / Polka Dot Envelope
3. Kertis / Lines Clutch
4. CORIUMI / Geometrical Illusion Pouch
5. Wood & Faulk / Continental Wallet
6. Gap / Perforated Clutch
7. Lee Coren / Monarch Butterfly Clutch
1. oelwein / Graphite Zip Pouch
2. Gap / Stripe Straw Clutch
3. Urban Outfitters / Large Textured Pouch
4. byMART / Cream and Orange Foldover Clutch
5. Urban Outfitters / Small Pouch with Audio Hole
6. Lee Coren / Confetti Print Black Clutch
7. Kertis / Modern Art Clutch