Four Legs + Scavenging

Facing the inevitable: Bruno gets his own Eames chair.

2097230522_42e7fc719b_b

Bruno needs a dog bed, but after nearly 5 years of looking, I can’t find just the right one. This seems to work, though! We’ve had this scavenged Eames shell chair sitting in the basement for a while (it’s awaiting a trip out to Retro Redo for reupholstering), and, well, doesn’t every good puppy deserve his own piece of classic mid-century furniture? Yes!

Legs removed, sheepskin added, dog inserted. Everyone is happy!

p.s. Bruno is going for a haircut tomorrow, I swear. I am aware of the fact that he is looking more and more like Sam Sheepdog every day.

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

16 Comments

• Reply Dave Franke December 9, 2007 at 8:22 am

OH BROTHER!!!
    Twentieth century modern design pup!
    Now my two will be asking for Breuer beds!!!
    8^)

• Reply 50s Pam December 9, 2007 at 8:59 am

Hi, I really like your site, and recently added you to my blogroll. If you also like my site — take a look! — I’d be so happy if you could add me to your blogroll. I think my readers would like your site and perhaps – vice versa. Many thanks, and LOVE the dog bed. I am a big fan of tulip chairs and have done several posts on them. I also appreciate learning about Retro Redo and will do a post on them. Many thanks, Pam

• Reply Anna at D16 December 9, 2007 at 9:22 am

Dave: I think they might slide out the back of a Breuer! How about a Le Corbusier instead? 😉

• Reply Anna at D16 December 9, 2007 at 9:26 am

Hi Pam! Holy cow, I just checked out your kitchen…that is AMAZING!

• Reply DawnMarie December 9, 2007 at 11:51 am

Is that a sheepskin from Ikea or somewhere else. I saw some at Ikea and just was not sure if they were worth it or if I should spend more for a better quality. I just don’t want sheepskin bust bunnies rolling thru my house.

• Reply DiP December 9, 2007 at 12:15 pm

LC Club beds!
    Too funny!!

(…now which color? 8^)

• Reply Anna at D16 December 9, 2007 at 1:15 pm

DawnMarie: Yes, that’s a Rens sheepskin from IKEA. I have a couple of them that I bought over 5 years ago, and they’ve held up beautifully — I’ve never had a problem with them shedding or matting. They’ve gotten a little yellower with age, but that’s natural.

The IKEA flokati rugs, however, are shedding monsters. It’s a little like having a pet polar bear, I think!!

• Reply Carolina Eclectic December 9, 2007 at 6:39 pm

That is a stylish dog! Makes me feel bad for my Chihuahua sleeping in a boring dog bed.

• Reply Kathy December 9, 2007 at 10:42 pm

That is awesome! I feel your pain about trying to find a dog bed… I’ve been holding out hope that I’ll actually try and make this someday. Not likely.

Yours is great!

• Reply nathalie December 10, 2007 at 5:52 am

that’s such a cool idea Anna 🙂

• Reply Jessica December 10, 2007 at 10:53 am

that is definitely one lucky dog – you have reminded me that I desperately need to get my Eames chair fixed

• Reply katie December 10, 2007 at 11:02 am

Ha!! Oh too cute!!

• Reply swissmiss December 12, 2007 at 5:34 pm

Wow, it’s good to be Bruno. Blogged!

• Reply Gwen December 12, 2007 at 6:07 pm

You know Bruno won’t be giving that up any time soon! Fantastic idea though. If all pet beds could be so beautiful!

• Reply Amy December 14, 2007 at 10:52 am

Ka-yoooot!

• Reply Evan March 13, 2008 at 2:37 am

This is the most adorable thing ever!!! Our Cat, Ethel has made herself a home in the shell chair in my Dad’s office.. She is nice and cozy in it!