HOUSE: Newburgh

Mother Nature is not on my side.

Snowstorm = plumbers cancelled.

Sigh. And when can I take another day off? I don’t know.

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

15 Comments

• Reply Shashi March 2, 2009 at 9:25 am

ugh. that’s unfortunate. btw, thanks so much Anna for the moonlight white recommendation. I had been searching for a white that would work in my downstairs kitchen, and saw a few pictures of yours and fell in love with it. We just finished painting this week (my god it took so long) and the white looks amazing.

• Reply jennski March 2, 2009 at 9:55 am

this snow is killing me!

• Reply Michelle March 2, 2009 at 9:57 am

Sucksville. We luckily escaped the snowstorm this round. I hope you enjoy your day off anyway. Relax, you deserve it.

• Reply Mark March 2, 2009 at 10:07 am

I think we all could use a little Bruno and Fritz fix to make us feel all right.

• Reply Adam March 2, 2009 at 11:08 am

I’m sorry to hear that, did you think about bribing them? 😉

• Reply ratita March 2, 2009 at 11:22 am

awwww, you must be so frustrated after working so hard getting everything ready for today. hope you can enjoy the day off, nevertheless.

• Reply maya March 2, 2009 at 11:31 am

sorry!
    man, and here i am , wish to be snowed in…. (LA weather here) take a day to your self! enjoy the puppies, and drink some tea!

• Reply jen March 2, 2009 at 11:47 am

Bummer. I’m here in Baltimore and we have the snow as well. I am trying to be productive, so I am starting to clean my sunroom in hopes for Spring.

I was looking forward to seeing your fixtures in. We are planning a reno of our 1970 pink bathroom this Spring. It’s not a good retro pink…

• Reply puck March 2, 2009 at 2:12 pm

drats!!!

hopefully you can work something out.

• Reply heather March 2, 2009 at 2:23 pm

🙁
    I hope it all comes together for you soon.

• Reply Pam March 2, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Oh, Anna, you must be so disappointed. Just when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and suddenly it’s gone. Damn!!

• Reply Amy March 2, 2009 at 3:39 pm

I’m sorry. I was really looking forward to seeing everything too! Just take a well deserved break today from you Herculean level home decor!
    On a side note I was totally inspired by your vegetarian chili post a few weeks back. I’ve been making lunch for my husband and I almost everyday since then. And the veggie chili recipe is amazing – that balsamic vinegar really adds a kick at the end – thanks for the recipe!

• Reply b March 2, 2009 at 4:08 pm

solution… call your mother

• Reply Anna at D16 March 2, 2009 at 4:23 pm

b: I would, but (a) I don’t think it’s fair to make her sit here all day and wait for them to finish, and (b) I don’t want anyone other than Evan or I to have to take responsibility for inspecting the plumbers’ work before they leave.

• Reply Gwen March 2, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Remodeling is sooooooo exasperating . I can remember when I had my kitchen redone two years ago and came home from school to find a pile of wood from my old built-ins buried in the snow. I couldn’t get it cleaned up for ages. This WILL get finished and before you know it you will truly enjoy all your hard work. I hope you can take a bit of a break after this bathroom is finished, just to relish in it’s completion. I don’t understand why the plumber canceled. Try to get someone else. I had a plumber come to my house when it was snowing after my pipes burst last month. It will definitely work out. Hang in there!

BTW…I live in a tiny house in Rhinebeck!!!