Places + Travels

Snow day.

I probably should have stayed home today, but OH!—Manhattan is so beautiful when it snows, even from an office window. I feel a little bit sad thinking that this might be the last big snow of the season.

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

14 Comments

• Reply zee February 22, 2008 at 11:36 am

So jealous. Maybe I should try to organise my next trip to NY to coinside with some snowfall. Hmm, if that means waiting a whole year though, perhaps not…
    Keep warm. Have a good weekend.

• Reply amy February 22, 2008 at 12:02 pm

i considered staying home today too – but it looked so lovely!

• Reply Julie February 22, 2008 at 12:50 pm

I miss being excited to see snow. Especially when it’s all flurry like that. But I’m now excited to see it gone!

• Reply Janelle February 22, 2008 at 12:54 pm

I woke up to someone shoveling the snow and even though I wish I could have stayed home, it was a lovely walk to the subway and I enjoyed it from the tiny little window I have in my office.

• Reply Kate F. February 22, 2008 at 1:00 pm

Are you in the Time & Life building? That view looks v. familiar… I used to love watching heavy rain or any snow from the windows on 15 or 16…

• Reply Anna at D16 February 22, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Kate: No, not in T&L, but very close by. I’m on the 13th floor, so your guess of height was very good. 🙂

• Reply Cakespy February 22, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Snow in NYC is always so pretty when it falls…and so nasty the next morning. This is the lovely moment!

• Reply j February 22, 2008 at 10:11 pm

oh, it’s beautiful, but I’m ready for it to be a beautiful memory…

that’s a lovely picture, though. thanks for posting it.

• Reply MrsLimestone February 23, 2008 at 8:28 am

Are you crazy woman? Im so happy this might be the last one and it will warm again. Im so over winter.

• Reply joanna goddard February 23, 2008 at 9:37 am

i agree, it’s really magical.

• Reply imolly February 24, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Jag länkade dig på min “blogs i read” lista, hoppas det var ok! Gillar din blog skarpt, mycket inspirerande!
    Kram

• Reply pamela February 25, 2008 at 5:25 pm

Snow is pretty. But that, and the shovelling, and the cold, and the grey days… it gets a little much. Even for a Canadian like me. >.

• Reply maria February 26, 2008 at 6:28 am

beautiful!

• Reply Abbey Goes Design Scouting January 10, 2009 at 11:32 am

beautiful! I found your blog through the “homies” and am so glad I did. your house is an inspiration! xo abbey