HOUSE: Newburgh

The bedroom is now in the middle of the house.

We switched the bedroom with the office/studio. Now we have a smaller bedroom that’s dark in the early mornings and quiet at night, and a workspace that’s spacious and filled with light (photos to come).

I love yellow tulips!

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

16 Comments

• Reply sweet posie bot January 26, 2008 at 11:25 am

May I ask where you brought your lovely duvet cover? The design so beautiful and happy.

• Reply lindsay January 26, 2008 at 11:50 am

Looks very peaceful! Nice work.

• Reply Anna at D16 January 26, 2008 at 12:29 pm

The duvet cover is the “Silhouette” pattern from Dwell Studio. They no longer have this color, but they do have it in brown and green. 🙂

• Reply Jennifer January 26, 2008 at 12:39 pm

I LOVE the duvet cover. It is so CHEERFUL.. yet peaceful. That looks like a room I could get LOTS of sleep in.

• Reply Julie January 26, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I so understand why you switched the rooms around.
    Our bedroom is smaller but it is dark in the mornings.
    The spare room across the hallway would make a much
    roomer master bedroom but it gets to much sun light and
    is closer to the street.

• Reply Belinda January 26, 2008 at 7:59 pm

that was a great move. it must be warmer as well right now?. i can’t wait to see pictures of what the bedroom now looks like as the workspace!.

• Reply DawnMarie January 26, 2008 at 9:03 pm

So beautiful. It looks so calm and soothing in your new bedroom.

• Reply Mette January 27, 2008 at 2:52 am

oh i’m jealous! I love redecorating and moving stuff around in a dramatic way, but in our place it doesn’t make sense to do so -we decorated to good the first time 🙂

• Reply Katja January 27, 2008 at 5:28 am

I love the duvet cover! And switching the rooms sounds like a smart move. Can’t wait for more pictures!

• Reply nina January 27, 2008 at 5:51 am

It’s so beautiful, a really calm room! Your house has such amazing chimneys, just great. My own bedroom is still a problem area, but I’m inspired by your pictures!

• Reply michelle January 27, 2008 at 7:42 pm

great idea, and it looks good!

• Reply pia January 28, 2008 at 7:29 am

the room looks great, a beautiful canvas for ideas to play in, well done!

• Reply peggy January 28, 2008 at 9:49 am

That is a wonderful idea! Afterall, a bedroom has only one purpose, to rest. I adore small bedrooms. Your room looks lovely. For romance you can line votives up on the mantel. I want that Jongerius vase!

• Reply kimberley January 28, 2008 at 6:34 pm

ok, i like your style. the bedroom, the new banner, the colors in these comment boxes, yup. real pretty.

• Reply Aimee January 28, 2008 at 10:32 pm

Very pretty! What a lovely duvet cover. So cheery!

• Reply Merry February 8, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Bluefly.com still has some of those yellow duvet covers. I just bought one myself.